Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas 2008

Christmas 2008 brought many great memories, and some sad ones as you will see. Our Christmas holiday always starts with our neighbor's live nativity pageant. It is one of our favorite holiday traditions. The three nights before Christmas they put on a live nativity for everyone. It helps bring the true meaning of Christmas to our family. We LOVE being part of it each year. It is the only time you will see Roddy as a wise man and the girls as angels. I did not get a picture of Cassidy as an angel, but she was one, the first night. I was on the crew this year, I almost froze my toes off, but it was so worth it, we can't wait til next year!!
Roddy and the girls, what a great shot...thanks Tiffany! (I forgot my camera, so Tiff saved the day!)


Here we are on Christmas morning. I had to include this shot. Take a close look at Mosquito...my baby sitting on Rod's lap. More to come on that in a later photo.

Rod, notice the Dallas Cowboy theme, as usual. We hope he always loves the Cowboys, so we always know what to get for him. Nice boxers baby!!!



I got lots of jewelry, one of my favorite things!! Rod also got me a new camera, good boy!! Now I don't have any excuses not to post great photo's of my family!




Page got lots of clothes and horse items.





Finally Cassidy with a horse theme. Maybe a little wild with the Zebra, but she is our wild child!!







Here is my family playing the best gift we could have gotten. A Wii with guitar hero. This game saved the day! We usually go skiing on Christmas, it is something we really look forward to. But this year, not only was the weather terrible, but we had a little dog drama. As I was fixing breakfast, Mesquito and Dally got into a little tiff, and the photo below is the result of the tiff. It is not for the weak. It was very traumatic. Luckly there is a vet ER not far from our house that was open. Mesquito had to have surgery, we all cried. It was not a good way to spend Christmas, but worse things could have happened. He will be ok, and so will we!
( Roddy and Cassidy both had blisters on their fingers from playing the Wii, Rod's shoulder was sore, and Page spent most of the day screaming because she kept getting BOO'd off the stage!!! What a great game!)






Our poor baby!!! Refer to the first photo to see his last photo with both eyes. SAD! But we still love him!








2 comments:

Amy Weiland said...

Poor baby!! Is he now one eyed? Or will it make it? That must have been so horrible!!

On to the Nativity pageant....I think we'll have to start a new tradition of coming up to see your nativity. That sounds wonderful.

Mindy M. said...

Holy Cow! I am so sorry about the dog! Ouch! Looks like you had a great Christmas though! I can't stay off the Wii either! I got up one morning and wondered why I was so sore? We have always talked about going to the pagent, but this year seemed extra cold and things just pop up! We will have to go for sure now that your family is in it!!