Monday, June 15, 2009

Our Big Weekend

WOO HOO PAGIE!!!!!!! Page placed 4th overall in Utah State High School Rodeo in the goat tying which means she gets to go to Farmington, New Mexico for National's. WOO HOO! I am so excited and proud of her!! Her goal all year was to make it to Nationals and she did it. She did great at state. She drew tough goats and did the absolute best with what she had.
She placed 3rd in the final go around and won a beautiful buckle for her headstall. Look at all the queenies. I have told Page over and over how grateful I am that she does not queen. It's too much work. (McKenzie looks beautiful tho Mindi, we were so proud of her too!)
I am so excited to go to National's with Page we are going to have so much fun and I know she will do great! Mom is very proud, in case you could not tell!
And now onto Cassidy, who also had a great weekend. Cassidy was in a play called "The Place Called Home". It was written by my cousin Karen Beckstead about her poineer ancestors. Cassidy played Maude, the granddaughter to the main character's. She did so great. Her lines were perfect and I was so proud of her too!

Grandma Woodward helped Cassidy make her pioneer outfit. She was the best looking girl on stage.


I tried to get her to put the bonnet on so we could get the full effect, but she would not do it. She was worried it would mess up her hair. What a cute girl. Mom is very proud of Cassidy too!
I think I have said proud too many times in this post, but sometimes you just have to. I am blessed with two great girls. They are so important to me. My heart is full of love for them.



2 comments:

Mindy M. said...

Fun weekend and cute girls!! It was fun @ Heber ~ a few tears shed, but life goes on. I am soooo excited for Page! She will do so well in N.M. ~ keep on practicing. Kenzie's motto "The more I practice, the luckier I get". I think you have a little actress on your hands ~ Watch out Hollywood!!

J + A = K & J said...

Congratulation to Page and Cassidy! You guys rock! I miss and LOVE you guys! I wish we could be there to watch all your fun events. Good luck at Nationals Pagie Pooh!